Materials Store Person
Closing date: 12/10/21
Salary: 30,000 to 35,000 GBP per annum, dependent on experience
Package: Filton, 40 hours per week, defined contribution pension scheme
Do you have a forklift licence? Are you well organised and able to manage a busy workload? If so, we have a great opportunity for you as a Materials Store Person!
As the Materials Store Person you will be responsible for maintaining and keeping track of receipts, records, deliveries, and withdrawals from material store.
This will include:
- receiving, unloading, and storing supplies
- carrying out other stock-related duties which may include returning, packing, and labelling supplies
- examining and reviewing deliveries for discrepancies and damages and reporting to necessary colleagues for reimbursements and record keeping
- maintain receipts, records, and withdrawals from material store
- ensuring accurate record keeping and managing all documentation to confirm proper stock levels and maintain inventory control
- coordinating the handling and movement of materials
What do you need?
We are looking for a team player who has excellent communication skills and attention to detail and accuracy. You will need to have good time management skills and an awareness of health and safety policies, procedures and best practices.
In addition, you should have/be:
- a forklift truck licence – Counterbalance or Pivot Steer
- a full driving licence
- experience working in a similar role involving stores, materials and forklift driving
- the ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- methodical and organised
- the ability to work using your own initiative
- knowledge of inventory management and stock systems
- familiarity with standard concepts and best practices in a material store or warehouse environment
- analytical mind with the ability to make accurate mathematical computations
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- competent in data entry and analysis
- good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
What you’ll get from us?
Our people tell us YTL Developments is a great place to work, and they stay with us! We are proud of how we support development and career progression. We have a wealth of both financial and non-financial benefits to offer our people and are committed to ensuring we provide an environment that supports health and wellbeing and flexible working.
We continue to promote diversity and inclusion. With that in mind, we welcome all applicants.
We are delighted to have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a Disability Confident Employer. Applicants who declare they have a disability or have previously served with the Armed Forces, and meet the minimum requirements for the job, will automatically be invited for an interview.
Please let us know if you require any additional support or adjustments to assist you in starting your journey with YTLD.
The appointment of successful applicant/s will also be subject to receiving suitable references and basic (or where job applicable) other criminal disclosure checks. You must also be able to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK.
If you have what it takes to join this award-winning business and want to be part of our exciting journey and share in that success, then please get in contact with us to find out more.
Sound interesting? Please click APPLY to progress to the next step.