Closing date: 15/09/21
Salary: 28,000 to 33,000 GBP per annum, dependent on experience
Package: 40 hours per week Monday - Friday, defined contribution pension scheme
YTL Developments have an exciting opportunity for a Planning Executive to join the team, as they start the fascinating journey of transforming the former Filton Airfield into a new mixed-use entire city district of 2,675 homes and 62 acres of employment space - with the new supersonic YTL Bristol Arena at its heart.
The Planning Executive will support YTL’s Planning and Development team in delivering large projects but will also be capable of managing smaller independent projects.
Their role will also include supporting the development team in the preparation of plans, diagrams and presentations used to communicate internally and externally.
- Project support to the Planning and Development team.
- Coordinate and review the outputs of external consultants in the delivery of successful planning applications and discharge of conditions.
- Provide assistance in community and local engagement to promote the YTL brand, invest in the communities in which we work and achieve support for YTL schemes.
- Work with the Technical Planning Director to provide regular updates on the applications to the Land and Planning Director to inform programmes and delivery strategies.
- Provide support in admin/organisation of Planning and Development team.
- Liaise with all YTL teams to ensure the schemes we take through the planning process deliver against objectives.
- Prepare and amend plans and images as required for presentations and internal communication.
- Prepare presentations in PowerPoint and PDF.
- Support on Viewpoint for Projects (V4P) for the Planning and Development team.
What do I need?
To be successful you will have good understanding of the planning and development process having worked in the industry for at least two years. You will have a positive approach to work, a self-starter that takes initiative and hoping to grow into a development professional.
The Planning and Development team is highly collaborative; therefore, you must be able to demonstrate the ability to work in a team, share information and provide overall support.
In addition, we are looking for:
- Solid track record of coordinating planning applications / external consultants, including delivering to programmes and budgets.
- Proven experience for working for a house builder, promoter or consultant on residential developments.
- Strong knowledge of the planning process.
- Able to identify and solve problems associated with the planning process.
- Competent with all MS Office.
- Professional experience in planning or development
- Likely to be at diploma, degree level/postgraduate level of education in planning or related discipline.
- Hold a full UK driving licence (preferable but not essential).
What you’ll get from us?
Our people tell us YTL Developments is a great place to work, and they stay with us! We are proud of how we support development and career progression. We have a wealth of both financial and non-financial benefits to offer our people and are committed to ensuring we provide an environment that supports health and wellbeing and flexible working.
We continue to promote diversity and inclusion. With that in mind, we welcome all applicants.
We are delighted to have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a Disability Confident Employer. Applicants who declare they have a disability or have previously served with the Armed Forces, and meet the minimum requirements for the job, will automatically be invited for an interview.
Please let us know if you require any additional support or adjustments to assist you in starting your journey with YTLD.
The appointment of successful applicant/s will also be subject to receiving suitable references and basic (or where job applicable) other criminal disclosure checks. You must also be able to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK.
If you have what it takes to join this award-winning business and want to be part of our exciting journey and share in that success, then please get in contact with us to find out more.
Sound interesting? Please click APPLY to progress to the next step.